On Thursday and Friday this week (days 3 and 4) It’s time for us to reflect on our learning habits. The timing is good, because we just reviewed our powerschool and google classroom and talked about our goals for the coming weeks.
My hope is that today we will:
- reflect on our strengths and weaknesses when it comes to learning habits;
- listen to feedback from our teacher and peers to improve our learning.
In addition to the things that we normally do, we’ll talk with a partner about our learning habits, and we’ll complete a learning habits reflection.
This week for days 1 and 2 (Wednesday and Thursday) we’ll be reviewing Google Classroom and Powerschool to see if we have any missing work. We’ll also check-in about the goals we set last time we met. Here’s the plan:
- Make a study plan.
- Check for missing work. Make a list. Think about a goal for the next 10 days or so.
- Sign up for a conference with me.
- Spend 15 minutes working on reading or writing, depending on what your focus is.
- Spend some time working on math–either the math warm up or math homework.
- Decide what you want to focus on for the time you have left!
On Tuesday and Wednesday this week (Day 3 and day 4) we’ll be taking some time to reflect on learning habits. I’ve got a hard-copy paper that will guide you through your thinking about how you feel about your responsibility; respect; collaboration and perseverance.
We’ll talk more about what those words mean at AES. I’m interested in how you feel you”re doing, and I’ll give you feedback about how I feel you’re doing as well!
On Friday and Monday this week (Day 1 and 2) I’ll be checking in with you individually about your system for keeping track of your homework and classwork. Then we’ll set a goal for you to work on until the next day 1/2, when we’ll meet again.
To prepare for our conference, please do the following:
- Review Powerschool (if you’ve been assigned a password) to check for any work that is already showing up late. Make a note of any missing assignments on the post-it I give you. I’ll record those when we confer so we can track them.
- Review Google Classroom to check if any assignments are missing and what assignments may be coming due shortly.
- Think about a goal to work on by the next time we meet. Try to make it both short-term and measurable. That means think about how we will know you’ve met it or not the next time we meet.
- Sign up on the board so I know you are ready to confer with me. I’ll call you when your turn comes up, so make sure you have something important to work on while you wait!